Friday, January 15, 2010

My BFFs -- It's a Party in My Purse!

I'm reading Kathy Buckworth's book "The BlackBerry Diaries" and she's cracking me up!  Frankly, I'm surprised I didn't get multiple copies of it from my friends and family for Christmas. It is so me! This woman gets how to deal with motherhood. ;) We both even name our BlackBerries! Hers is "Seamus" and mine is "Larry."

However, she thinks of her BlackBerry as another one of her children. I have a deeper, much more intimate relationship with Larry. He's pretty much attached permanently to me -- either in my hand, back pocket or purse. Every night he sleeps right beside me.

My husband is reluctantly okay with my open-relationship boyfriend.  He once jokingly said that I would pick Larry over him if forced to choose in a dire situation. After thinking it over for a few moments I looked over to him and said, "No, of course I'd pick you!" (Not that I admitted it to him, but after all, there's only so much a handheld electronic device can do.) ;)

For Christmas I received an iPod Touch that I named "Todd." Larry and Todd have become my best friends forever, and we're pretty much inseperable. At the touch of my fingertips, we can instantly reach all of our friends on Facebook and Twitter and see what's going on. Hey, it's a continous "Party in my Purse" with our 500+ friends! Gottta LOVE technology!!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the Bud Light commercial where he picks the Bud over his girlfriend to save if they were falling off a cliff.

    Still love the party in my purse comment.

    ReplyDelete