Thursday, January 21, 2010

Eeeeeek!!

I’ve reached an age where I'm finally okay with my looks. I no longer have to deal with childish chubbiness or adolescent acne, and – for the most part – the leftover pregnancy blubber is gone. (Spanx can do wonders!) ;) I doubt it’s going to get any better than this! In fact, I’m thinking things might start heading South soon – if you know what I mean. ;)

I have a friend who takes pictures for a hobby – Kristin. In fact Kristin took my favorite picture of me. It has been my Twitter profile since I started tweeting last year. A few months ago I asked Kristin if she’d take new headshot photos of me and maybe some “sexy, suggestive” pictures as a birthday or Valentine’s gift to my husband. I tossed around the idea of having tasteful nude photos done – you know, as documentation that once upon a time I didn’t sag. However, just imagining my three boys someday finding those pictures made me shudder.  Even if I were already dead and didn’t care any more, I am positive that seeing their mom naked would undoubtedly scar and/or scare my boys off women for life!

So, headshot session for a long-overdue Twitter profile photo and blog pictures are done. We get to the “sexy” shots and Kristin suggests I take my shirt off and she’ll just take shots from the back. Brilliant idea... I think!

We were in a room with a large picture window because Kristin likes to use natural lighting. I have my shirt off and am facing the window while Kristin shoots away. I’m carelessly posing this way and that, trying to look "sultry" without cracking up – because seriously, being in your underwear with one of your friends snapping pictures of you is flippin' hilarious! (Think about it... unless you're in elementary shool it's either funny or it's sick!)  I'm totally not worried about the neighbors because I have been told that you can’t see in through our windows. Well, believing that was my first mistake. Not taking into account who told me that line of boloney was my second. Surprise, surprise – it was the hubby that fed me that load of bull... -oney!

Later that afternoon the kids came home from school.  I was outside salting the front steps and blissfully escaping their noise when I casually glanced up… Eeeeeek! Contrary to what I've been told, one can CLEARLY see inside that window!

Our annual neighborhood meeting is next weekend. Yes, once again… Eeeeeek! (If I'm not too mortified, I’ll fill you all in on any tell-tale giggles or funny glances shot my way.)  :/

3 comments:

  1. Well if you didn't see anyone out the window during your shoot, then nobody saw you. As for what the neighbors may have seen the rest of the time you have lived there ... *snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen. Appreciate the comment (and the snicker -- although I like the chocolate ones better!). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know my story about the when the apartment complex where we lived was being painted? Well the painter was on my balcony and I didn't realize it....don't know how long he had been there, but that balcony got more than one coat of paint!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete