Thursday, January 28, 2010

What's in a Name?

So… you may have heard. Apple unveiled its newest creation… the um, iPad. Go ahead, say the first thing that comes to mind. Never mind, I’ll do it for you…

Me: “Hmm, not sure about the name. Might encourage women to only use it once a month and only on those heavy days.”

Other tweets I saw…

@JasonYoraway: “The… ‘iPad’??

@Vruno: “I want the Apple iPad Extra Absorbent with Wings…”

The funny thing, according to my friend Susan, MadTV did a spoof about it a while ago and still named it the iPad. Watch this video that @jabewley sent me: http://bit.ly/gU8Q6
(Warning: You may need an iPends afterwards because it’ll make you laugh so hard!) ;)

Still, as @MitchellHislop said, I get why Apple went with the iPad. After all it has the iPod and the iPhone. Why not another i“P” name. Oh, ha!! I… pee! (Okay, someone stop me, I’m regressing back to elementary school!!)

I am not an Apple hater. I think the company is brilliant. I love Apple. One of my BFFs is my iPod, Todd. (For more on Todd, see previous post about my BFFs and a party in my purse.)

I have no doubt that jokes about its name will eventually die down and will be replaced by awe with all its functions. I am as excited as the next consumer about getting one. I just hope its discrete and doesn’t come in an obnoxious girlie package. ;)

2 comments:

  1. iPad is a goofy name. I can't believe they chose this name for their "revolutionary" product. At least it will keep comedians employed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me...with regard to occasions when you've accidentally sat down on it...it won't affect your mood will it?

    I guess what i'm really trying to ask is if you get all bitchy when you're on the ipad.

    ReplyDelete